Thursday, December 29, 2005

And It Snowed!

We've gotten more than average snow for December so far--and for Misawa that's saying a lot! The average for December is around 22 inches. We've gotten over 30 so far! None of the snowfalls have been particularly large -- 1 to 2 inches at a time, maybe 4-5 inches a few times. But it seems like I have to go out and shovel the walk every morning! And this is just the beginning--it's good exercise and I appreciate the time to listen to my audiobooks on the Ipod while I shovel, so all in all I can't complain!

We finally made it to the Shimoda mall! It's one of those things we kept meaning to do but things kept coming up. It was a good experience--the boys haven't seen a full toy department/store since we left the states. I think we could have left them at the mall for a week or so while they absorbed the toys! We did pick up a truly Japanese toy for my nephew for his birthday, he should be pleasantly surprised!

More on the sermon preparation tomorrow!

No comments: